- 1 small loaf challah bread (I prefer homemade, but store-bought is fine too)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (any kind -- I used almond Milk)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1-2 cups of sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large, buttered, glass baking dish (8x8 works well), arrange the bread slices so they are covering the entire bottom of the dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, 3 tbsp brown sugar, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread. Arrange the peach slices on top, and sprinkle the additional 1/2 cup of brown sugar over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes, until the top is browned and all the egg mixture is cooked. Serve hot and dig in!