It doesn’t get much easier than this dinner. Throw everything in the slow cooker, pull a bun from the freezer, and you have a hearty, savory meal. It’s also not that expensive to make with organic ingredients.
Aside from pantry ingredients, I made this dish for around $1.78 per person — and that includes organic beef, carrots, potatoes, and onions.
- 1 lb stew beef, cut into 1" chunks
- 1/2 bag of organic baby carrots (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 chopped onion
- 2-3 minced garlic cloves
- 4 large potatoes, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 recipe Homemade Cream Soup
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1-2 cups water or Homemade Chicken Broth
- Layer the first five ingredients in your slow cooker, starting with the meat on the bottom.
- Make the Homemade Cream Soup
- When the cream soup is done, mix in the worcestershire, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the cream soup mixture over the meat and vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Add 1-2 cups liquid of your choice.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours, until meat and vegetables are tender, and all the flavors have melded together.