Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Milkweed Botanicals. However, all opinions are my own and I personally use essential oils every day.
I confess. I’m sort of an essential oil junkie. In fact, my husband thinks I’m a little bit of an oil hoarder. Doesn’t everyone have a container that looks like this??
All my oils end to end:
Whether you’re just starting your essential oil journey or have been using them for a while, here are some great tips for some easy ways to incorporate essential oils into your life.
Starter Tips on How to Use Essential Oils:
1. Choose your oils wisely. I highly recommend the doTERRA Introductory Kit. It contains 5 mL each of the three most popular essential oils: Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint. If you’re new to oils, this is all you need to get started. There are many good brands of essential oils, but I have experience with doTERRA and have always been really pleased with the quality.
2. Start slow. One of the easiest way to start using oils is to make a DIY Room Freshener Spray. Simply mix water with 10 drops of your favorite essential oil in a spray bottle and spray around the house to make everything fresh.
3. Know your oils. For example, the doTERRA Introductory kit includes Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint. Each oil has a different benefit.
- Lavender: calming, relaxing.
- Lemon: energizing, reduces odors
- Peppermint: mental alertness, awareness
4. You CAN take reputable oils (like doTERRA) internally or topically on the skin. I often add a drop of peppermint oil to my tea to aid in digestion after a meal. Lavender oil is perfect for reducing inflammation on a bug bite or bee sting. I’ve also had success with using lavender on my temples to soothe a migraine. Lemon oil can be added to hot water and honey to soothe a sore throat.
More of my favorite ways to use essential oils:
- Peppermint Oil Ant Repellent
- Carpet Deodorizer
- Room Freshener Spray
- Dry-Clean-Only Clothing Refresher
- Disinfecting Wipes
- Liquid Hand Soap
- 5 Natural & Frugal Ways to Make Your Home Smell Heavenly
- Make it Yourself: Insect Repellent (and why you should NOT be using commercial repellents!)
Good luck!Pin It