There is nothing like throwing a bunch of whatever is on hand in the slow cooker and having a complete, delicious meal ready for dinner whenever you are.
This Sausage Beans Slow Cooker Recipes is one of our new favorites. I’m so thrilled my family loves it as much as they do because it is pretty effortless to make. Basically, I chop up a few things, throw all the ingredients into the slow cooker, and let it go for 6-8 hours. The hands on time is about 10 minutes, tops. If you feel like making some rice to serve it over, great. If not, the hearty sausage and beans are satisfying on their own. And everyone gobbles it up!
Sausage and Beans Slow Cooker Recipe
- 1 white cooking onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 can red beans, any kind
- 1 can diced tomatoes OR tomato sauce (whatever you have on hand, really)
- 1 bell pepper, any kind, chopped into bite size pieces (you see different colors of peppers in the picture above because I was using leftovers from a stuffed pepper recipe)
- 4 oz tomato paste
- 4 sausage links, any kind you prefer – I used hot pork sausage (because it was on sale! Score!)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker. Cook on low 6 hours or high 4 hours. Serve over rice. Tastes great the next day!
Tip: Drain and rinse the beans before adding them to the recipe. Rinsing them several times helps get rid of raffinose, which is the kind of sugar in beans that promotes flatulence.
Want to go meatless? Just take out the sausage and add another can of beans.
Freezer cooking fans, this recipe is perfect for freezer cooking day! Toss all the ingredients in a bag, and throw in the freezer. Then just pop all the ingredients in the slow cooker (adding about 1 hour if cooking from frozen)!
If you like it, why not Pin it?Pin It