This is a sponsored conversation on behalf of Trident and Mom it Forward. All opinions are my own.
February is National Children’s Dental Health Month! Did you know? I didn’t know that, either! I write a lot about healthy living on this blog, but rarely about oral health, which is a huge piece of the healthy living puzzle.
To celebrate, Trident is offering this list of oral health tips for kids! And it doesn’t stop there: Trident is also celebrating their 10-year partnership with Oral Health America’s Smiles Across America program (SAA), which provides oral disease prevention services for at-risk children who are underserved due to issues of poverty.
In 2004, Trident provided funding to launch SAA, and to-date has donated more than $2.5 million to support the program, which has impacted more than 2,000,000 children. AMAZING!
Oral Health Tips for Kids:
1. Brush for 2 minutes, twice a day. I like to set a timer so my kids know when they’re done.
2. Use fluoride toothpaste for children 2 and up. However, many municipalities have fluoridated water, so you may not need extra fluoride if that is the case.
3. Visit your dentist regularly starting at age 1. The first visit will probably be more of a quick check than a full exam, unless there is an issue.
4. If possible, kids 2 and up should floss once a day. I realize this is much harder than it sounds. There are small flossers made for kids that help with this.
5. Chewing sugar-free gum, like Trident, helps keep teeth clean after eating and between brushing. In fact, chewing Trident sugar-free gum after eating stimulates saliva flow, which helps reduce the risk of cavities by reducing plaque acids, removing debris and strengthening teeth.
To learn more about oral health tips and Smiles Across America, visit: http://oralhealthamerica.org/programs/smiles-across-america/.
For an even happier smile, try a variety of delicious Trident flavors including: Original, Spearmint, Tropical Twist and Bubble Gum. For more on Trident, visit: www.facebook.com/tridentgum.
Would you like to win 12 packages of Trident Gum?
Simply enter in the easy form below:Pin It