Ever wondered how to make snow ice cream? It is deceptively simple, tastes pretty good, and is a great way to take beat cabin fever in the winter time.
Snow Ice Cream Recipe
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk (any kind, alternative milks fine — I used coffee creamer once)
- 8 cups of fluffy white snow
Here’s what I do:
1. Take a big metal mixing bowl, open the back door, and grab a big scoop of snow, until the bowl is full.
2. Add the white sugar and milk to the bowl of snow. Mix thoroughly.
3. Here’s when it gets fun. Do some add-ins. Sprinkles, candy, raisins, really anything. 4
4. Serve individually, or have everyone take their spoons to the big bowl. Either way is fun – depending on how much spit you want to share with your companions. Usually it’s just my kids and I, so it’s no big deal. Is that gross? Meh.
How does Snow Ice Cream taste?
Surprisingly yummy. You could always add some vanilla extract or cinnamon to boost the flavor, but that’s not really the point, is it? Kids have so much fun making this, it’s ready in minutes, and making snow ice cream is a great way to keep busy in the chilly winter months.
Get more fun activities and recipes sent to you for free! Subscribe to email updates!