It’s always a great time to make homemade pancakes. As a Stonyfield Blogger, I was challenged with the task of creating a new pancake recipe using Stonyfield yogurt as an ingredient. I had several ideas, but when I saw the Stonyfield Greek Chocolate flavor in my store, I was immediately inspired. This recipe marries a traditional fluffy buttermilk pancake with dark chocolate and coconut – and it’s truly a serendipitous match.
When they’re done, sprinkle with some cocoa powder (I used a sifter), and top with the toasted coconut. The richness of the chocolate and coconut is balanced by the light fluffiness of the pancakes. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or really any time.
Get more real food recipes, frugal living tips, and more: Subscribe to Free Email Updates and get a FREE Printable Meal Planner.
Double Chocolate Chip Homemade Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup organic milk
- 1 5.3 oz cup of Stonyfield Greek Yogurt, Chocolate Flavor
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4-6 oz dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup toasted unsweetened coconut (buy it here)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder to garnish (optional)
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the egg, the coconut oil, milk, and yogurt.
3. Create a well in the dry ingredients, and slowly add the wet mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. Do not overmix.
4. Add the chocolate chunks and fold in.
5. On a hot griddle greased with coconut oil, make the pancakes, using a scant 1/4 cup of batter for each one.
6. Serve hot, garnished with toasted coconut and sifted cocoa powder.
Want to try it? Why not pin it?
This post was created in partnership with Stonyfield. All opinions are my own.Pin It