I get SO sick of saying, “What would you like for breakfast?” 10 times every morning and have my kids hem and haw for 20 minutes before they decide. It’s like every day is Groundhog Day from 6:30-7:00 am. It gets pretty old.
One afternoon in Wegmans my son was begging me for the yogurt and fruit cups they sell (for $3.75!) near the checkout. I said no at the time, but it gave me an idea. That night, I tried to replicate the yogurt cups and it was so simple — it only took about 3 minutes per cup. Definitely better than the 20 minute “what’s for breakfast” routine we normally do.
Full Disclosure: If you read my Big Announcement Post, you know I’m a Stonyfield Blogger Captain, which means I am a freelance employee of Stonyfield. That said, I used Stonyfield yogurt in this recipe because it was what was in my refrigerator — because this is a product I buy for my family whether or not they are paying me.
Here’s how I make my Yogurt Parfait with Fruit & Granola:
- 1/2 cup Stonyfield Organic French Vanilla Whole Milk Yogurt (you can use any kind, but this is my favorite because it has a rich, creamy taste that compliments any kind of fruit)
- 1/2 cup sliced fruit – my favorite combination, that I’ve used here, is strawberries and mango chunks
- 2-3 tbsp granola (I make my own allergy-friendly gluten-free Granola, but I also love Udi’s Gluten-Free Granola)
2. To make it a little sweeter, a drizzle of honey over the top is delicious.
3. Put the top on and store in the refrigerator overnight. When it’s time for breakfast, just grab and go!
Want more healthy breakfast recipes? Try this Healthy Breakfast Smoothie!