Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation on behalf of McCormick Spices. All opinions are my own.
‘Tis the season for baking! I recently went to Wegmans to pick up a few McCormick Pure Peppermint Extract for an edible homemade gift I’m working on.
Since it’s impossible for me to just follow a recipe “as-is,” this is my take on Peppermint White Hot Chocolate on a Stick. These mini-pops are delicious swirled into warm milk, coffee, or tea, but they taste wonderful on their own, too! The recipe as follows is for the White Hot Chocolate Pops, but I wanted to make a version with milk chocolate too.
The recipe calls for white chocolate, but if you’re more traditional, you can use milk chocolate — these will taste like a peppermint patty – yum! I couldn’t choose one so I made both milk chocolate (pictured) AND white chocolate. Need a quick gift? Put a few of these sticks in a festive bag, place in a fun mug, and BAM! A delicious and fun last minute gift.
Peppermint White Hot Chocolate Pops
- 1 pound white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped (chocolate chips work! I used milk chocolate for the version pictured above)
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp McCormick Pure Peppermint Extract
- 4 drops McCormick Red Food Coloring (optional – use only if you’re making the White Hot Chocolate pops)
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 18 lollipop sticks
- Line 9-inch square baking pan with foil. Spray foil with no stick cooking spray. Place chopped chocolate in large bowl. Set aside.
- Bring sweetened condensed milk and cream to simmer in medium saucepan on medium heat, stirring frequently with wire whisk. Pour over chopped chocolate. Let stand 1 minute. Whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in peppermint extract. Remove 3/4 cup chocolate mixture. Tint chocolate mixture pink with red food color.
- Pour remaining (plain) chocolate mixture into prepared pan. Drop tinted chocolate mixture by tablespoons over chocolate mixture in pan. Swirl with knife for marble effect. (Skip this step if using Milk Chocolate)
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight until firm. Cut into 36 squares. (May be made ahead. Store chocolate mixture, tightly covered, in pan in refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Bring to room temperature before cutting into squares.).
- To assemble chocolate on a stick, thread 3 mini-marshmallows and a chocolate square onto each lollipop stick. Wrap each hot chocolate on a stick in plastic wrap or small cellophane bag. (May be assembled up to 2 days ahead.).
- To serve, stir hot chocolate on a stick into 8 ounces hot milk.