Disclosure: H&R Block has asked me to help promote the Emerald Advance Line of Credit. The prize was provided and may be shipped to the winner by H&R Block, but all opinions expressed in the post are my own and not those of H&R Block. Entrants must be 18 or older and located in the US only. Winner to be chosen at random.
The holidays are not always the most wonderful time of the year for families who are struggling. A bit of extra money CAN make a difference. H & R Block is offering an advance line of credit this season to make things a bit easier financially.
For us, even though big ticket items aren’t in our holiday plans, sometimes emergencies come up, especially with our new house. I would use an H & R Block Emerald Advance Line of Credit for setting some extra money aside for house emergencies, like when we realized a month ago that some of our wooden windowsills were rotten and needed repair. That wasn’t in our pre-holiday budget!
The Emerald Advance Line of Credit is just one way to help your family afford the holidays. Here are some of my easy tips for saving money during the holidays:
- Buy or make gifts throughout the year; when I see something that I know a particular person would love, I purchase it and put it in my “Christmas box” for the holidays
- I never spend money on gift wrap. Either I make my own reusable gift bags, use butcher paper from the kid’s art projects, or simply use fabric and ribbon. It may be a small thing, but it saves a bit of money AND creates less waste.
- Make a budget for each person at the beginning of the season and stick to it! I’m notorious for buying gifts early and then continuing to shop through December. That’s not a good strategy.
- Consider homemade gifts; they often cost less, and can become meaningful heirlooms
You can learn more about the H&R Block Emerald Advance Line of Credit by following the #HRBlockEA hashtag on Twitter and Facebook, and here are some more details:
- H&R Block will begin accepting applications in offices November 25th so set up your appointment today!
- All you need to apply is an unexpired government-issued photo ID and your most recent pay stub (no W2 form required!)
- You don’t already need to be an H&R Block client to apply
- The Emerald Advance is a line of credit you can draw from as you need it. You can use it year-round for unexpected expenses and other short-term credit needs.