I’ve seen a TON of recipes on Pinterest lately for Pumpkin Spice creamer. You know what I haven’t seen? A NON-DAIRY version! All the coffee creamer recipes I have seen all contain dairy. Some of us have a real issue with dairy, so I set out to create a delicious non-dairy creamer with all the savory lushness of pumpkin spice flavors.
To give this creamer a rich taste, I make a version of sweetened condensed milk using coconut milk and honey. Then it’s easy to add all the delicious pumpkin flavors to the creamy condensed coconut milk.
Also, when you order a Pumpkin Spice latte at your local coffee shop, it may taste amazing, but it’s filled with unpronounceable ingredients as well as a hefty helping of dairy. If you have any dietary sensitivities, as I do, it is far preferable from a health standpoint to make your own. Trust me, this is just as good as the store-bought version!
Pumpkin Spice Non-Dairy Creamer Recipe
- 1 cup Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice or nutmeg
To make the sweetened condensed coconut milk:
1. Boil 14 oz of full-fat (canned) coconut milk, stirring constantly. This is the kind of coconut milk I’m talking about.
2. Add 1/4 cup of honey and stir until completely dissolved
3. Reduce to a low simmer, and simmer 30-40 minutes until the mixture is reduced, thick, and creamy. Set aside and let cool.
To make the Pumpkin Spice Creamer:
1. In a medium saucepan, add all the ingredients together and whisk on low heat for 5-10 minutes.
2. Strain with a fine sieve and serve in coffee or tea.
Store in the refrigerator for 5-7 days. It may need to be remixed before use, as the coconut milk can separate, but this is ok! Just pour it in a pan, reheat, and give a few spins of the whisk.
Do you love the flavors of fall like I do? Check out my Pinterest board on all things Autumn for more recipes, crafts, and fall decor ideas.
Get all the deals, frugal lifestyle tips, and healthy living hacks delivered to you: