Ginger Squash Soup is perfect for keeping your immunity up in the dark cold winter months. Its immune-boosting oomph comes from turmeric, ginger, garlic, onions, as well as the high amounts of vitamin A and vitamin C from the rich orange vegetables. Every ingredient is anti-inflammatory and nutrient dense.
Add a whole wheat roll and a dollop of plain greek yogurt, and you have the perfect winter meal.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or other heart-healthy oil
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 4 cups vegetable stock (I used my homemade chicken stock)
- 1 tsp ground or grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp pepper
- salt to taste (I used 1 tsp)
- In a large stock pot, saute the garlic and onions on medium heat in the oil until translucent. Do not overcook. Stir constantly.
- Dump all the chopped veggies into the pot with the 4 cups of stock. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
- Turn down the heat and simmer on medium low until the mixture is very soft. This takes about 20-30 minutes. Stir periodically.
- Using a stick blender, slowly blend the soup until it is a uniform consistency.
- Add the ginger, turmeric, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes until all the flavors are blended.
- Serve warm, with a dollop of plain greek yogurt if desired.
What is your favorite soup to make in the winter months?Pin It This post may contain affiliate links, which help support this site.