I won’t lie, we eat healthy in our house, but that includes plenty of hearty meals that include meat. While I try to schedule plenty of meat-free meals in my weekly meal plan, my husband and kids love a good meatloaf.
Not so much fun? The 90 minute cooking time that it takes for a regular meatlof.
I love this recipe because it shaves about 60 minutes off the cooking time of regular meatloaf, and it comes in pre-portioned serving sizes. Plus, you’ll also find that this meatloaf is studded with healthy vegetables.
- 3/4-1 lb ground beef (preferably organic, grass fed)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup finely diced carrots
- 1/2 cup finely diced onions
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 4 tbsp your favorite barbecue sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients by mixing very thoroughly in a large bowl. No need to be meek here - use your hands for best results.
- Spoon into the muffin tin right to the top.
- Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes, checking for doneness.
- Have leftovers? Pop them in a freezer bag and then you have single serving meatloafs ready to be reheated whenever you want them!