Lactation Cookies are one of the best gifts to bring a nursing mother.
In fact, they’re healthy for anyone: 1. high in B vitamins (yeast) and 2. vegan protein (oats, flax) 3. digestive aids (fenugreek – which tastes like maple syrup!).
Many new moms are dairy-free, as dairy is a common infant allergy. Here’s a nice lactation cookie recipe that is safe for people with dairy allergies or sensitivities.
Lactation Cookie Recipe
(Adapted from LLL of East Lansing Michigan)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil or canola
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 ½ teaspoons Black Strap Molasses
- ¼ cup flax seed meal
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups white flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon fenugreek (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon clove
- 3 cups oats
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup craisins (or dates)
- 2 heaping tablespoons brewer’s yeast
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Beat oil, sugar, and molasses well.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add flaxseed mix and vanilla, beat well.
- Sift together flour, brewers yeast, baking soda, spices and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to oil mix.
- Stir in oats and fruit.
- Scoop onto a parchement lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let set for a couple minutes then remove from tray.
- 8. Stir in oats and fruit.
- 9. Scoop onto a parchement lined baking sheet.
- 10. Bake for 12 minutes.
- 11. Let set for a couple minutes then remove from tray.
Don’t forget to pin it!
You make also like this helpful printable: What to eat and what to avoid while breastfeeding:
Thanks so much to my friend Rita for sharing her recipe!Pin It