I found myself with some beautiful, overrripe peaches the other night and not much else for dinner. My son was requesting pancakes, but I wanted to jazz them up a bit — as well as making them somewhat healthier. I came up with these Peach pop-up pancakes made in a muffin tin! They were a hit! You can serve them with our without the peach sauce on top; maple syrup would be just as good too.
- 1/4 cup plain Stonyfield Yogurt (I used Banilla because that's all we had in the house)
- 1 ripe peach, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp wheat germ
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 peach, peeled and diced
- 2-3 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- Sift together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine the wet (first 4 ingredients) in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the flour mixture, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour into a well-greased muffin tin and bake at 400 for 15 minutes
- Top with more melted butter, peach sauce, or maple syrup!
- Combine the peach, the sugar and water in a small saucepan on medium heat. Stir constantly for 5-7 minutes, until the fruit is very soft.
- Using a hand beater or (my favorite) an immersion blender, blend until mostly smooth. I like to leave a few peach chunks. Drizzle over the pop-overs.