I’m always looking for ways to use up my CSA produce; it seems like as the season goes on, we get sick of the usual things and I’m forced to come up with new ways to cook the profligation of zucchini, cucumbers, tomatoes, that we have this time of year.
What I love about this recipe is that it takes about 5 minutes to make, and looks (and tastes!) like something you’d get at a fine dining restaurant.
This easy Tomato salad is completely seasonal — we got all of the ingredients (minus the pantry staples) in our CSA basket last week. And it’s delicious!
Easy Weeknight Tomato Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette
- For the Salad:
- 2-3 Large Fresh Heirloom Tomatoes, Diced into bite-size squares
- 1 medium onion
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- For the Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon Blackstrap Molasses
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup light olive oil
- Combine the tomato, onion, and 1 bunch cilantro, set aside.
- Wisk together the vinagirette ingredients; Chill.
- Dress salad with the vinaigrette, add some chopped cilantro to garnish.