We got the most beautiful Swiss Chard in our CSA basket from Maxwell Creek Farms last week. WE did eat some of it as a salad, but I also made up my version of greens and beans with it, and it was delicious.
I don’t feel “bad” sauteeing my greens with a healthy amount of olive oil, because a small amount of fat aids in the absorption of Vitamin K, which is a main component of dark green vegetables.
- 2-3 Cups Raw Swiss Chard, trimmed and cleaned
- 1 clove garlic ( I used finely chopped garlic scapes from our CSA basket)
- 1 can Organic White beans (great northern or canellini beans)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet on medium heat
- Add the garlic or garlic scapes and saute 1 minute
- Add the beans and saute 1 minute
- Add the greens and saute until slightly wilted, turning ocassionally
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with your choice of pasta