My family recently went out to dinner using a Groupon. It didn’t save us money. The main issue was that the amount that our Groupon was for didn’t even touch how much a meal would be at this particular restaurant.
Have a restaurant Groupon currently in your account? Before you spend it, consider these tips:
- Whatever you do, don’t look at the prices on the menu. You have a discount — you’re saving money, right?
- Take the kids and let them order what they want.
- Order a cocktail! It’s a special occasion!
- Don’t take into consideration that you’ll need to leave a tip for the full amount of food & beverages ordered.
- Be completely shocked when your total, after the Groupon is deducted, is more than you would spend on food for the whole family for a day.
Overall, I recommend restaurant Groupons and will purchase them in the future. But caveat emptor — make sure you do your homework before you buy!This post may contain affiliate links, which help support this site.