This homemade beef with broccoli hits all the highs — healthful, inexpensive, tasty, satisfying, and kid-friendly.
Aside from the beef and broccoli, all the other accoutrements for this dish are pantry staples. I made the entire meal for less than $6.00 out of pocket! My beef was only $3.15, and I got the broccoli for $1.00 at the Public Market. This is a quick, healthful weeknight dinner.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound lean beef, cut into bite-size chunks (I use stew beef)
- 3 cups of fresh or frozen broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 1 recipe Hoisin Sauce
- 1. Pre-heat the oil in a large pan or wok. When the oil is hot, add the meat and heat until just cooked through. You can drain the meat if there is a lot of excess oil (depends on what cut you use).
- 2. Add the garlic and broccoli. Saute it all together on medium low until the broccoli is warmed. I like my broccoli still crunchy, so I don't overcook it!
- 3. Add the hoisin sauce and simmer 5-10 minutes.
- 4. Serve with rice and enjoy!