The final installment of the Twelve Days of Cookies is Raspberry Pinwheels. Impressive to look at, but fairly easy (though time-consuming) to make, these will make a great addition to your holiday cookie tray.
(adapted from Real Simple Magazine)
3/4 cup room temperature butter
1 8-oz bar room temperature cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour (plus more for rolling)
1 cup seedless raspberry jam
1 large egg, beaten
2 tbs turbinado sugar
1. Beat butter, cream cheese, and sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla, and slowly, add flour.
2. Gently knead the dough on a floured work surface. Divide it into 2 balls.
3. Roll each dough ball into a thin rectangle, like this: 3. Spread the jam thinly over the dough.4. Carefully roll the dough into a log.5. Refrigerate the finished logs for about an hour. Take out of the refrigerator and slice into 3/8″ pieces.
6. Place each slice on an ungreased cookie sheet and brush with the beaten egg. Top each cookie with a sprinkle of the turbinado sugar.
7. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.This post may contain affiliate links, which help support this site.