I know going in that Target is dangerous for me. I basically just avoid Target, because somehow I always walk out of there with about 10 extra items I don’t need and didn’t plan to buy. The marketing folk up in Minneapolis are masters of the impulse buy.
This week I went to Target, carefully calculated list and coupons in hand, determined not to fall prey to their myriad marketing tactics. And everything I bought was on my list and I had a coupon (often more than one) for it.
Before you give me the side eye for the boxed potatoes and Stove-Top dressing. I bought them per request from my son’s school for non-perishable food items for a food drive. Target had the best prices on these items this week. My best deals:
- Swanson All-Natural Broth Cans — $.39 each after sale price ($.59) and $1 off 5 coupon from 11/6 SS
- Millstone K-Cups, 18-pack – $10.49 after coupon in 10/23 RP ($.59/ea)
- BirdsEye Frozen Veggie Bags — $.80 each when you buy four with $1/4 coupon (from 11/13 SS) and store sale
- Eco-Tools Bath Poof — $.99 after coupon from November All You
- Market Pantry Pasta and Sauce — $1 for both with Printable coupon
- Merona Flannel Shirt (shameless impulse purchase): $14.99 with store savings and $3 off printable coupon