Halloween is over. Candy wrappers have been ripped open and now litter the kitchen floor. Pepto has been administered. And one sad costume has been kicked into a remote corner of the bedroom where it won’t be seen again until sometime in February, when you will notice an unrecognizable stain that resists all attempts at erasing.
So let’s recap, shall we? My goal this year was to celebrate Halloween as a family of four, without spending more than $20 total for the entire holiday. Here’s the breakdown:
- Dinosaur Costume, 5T: $14 at a consignment sale
- Giraffe Costume, 18m: Free through friends’ costume swap
- Doctor costume with scrubs and plastic stethescope: Free, scrubs borrowed from a friend (Thanks, Rob!) and accessories taken from the kids’ doctor kit.
- Halloween Party for friends: $2 — we had food, drinks, games, and bobbing for apples. See how I did it here.
- Halloween Candy: $2.50 (using a coupon), but we ended up not giving it out so I guess I’m just going to have to eat it myself.
How was your Halloween? I’d love to hear how my readers saved money and had fun this year!This post may contain affiliate links, which help support this site.